laptop Start Up Problam

Kailashkumar_1

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
So I have read many similar forums on this but none with my exact blinking lock code. The background is I was simply using my laptop when the screen froze and started making all kinds of beeps so I hard shut it down. Then when I tried to restart it, it will act like it's turning on and the fan starts spinning and then it turns off. This whole act lasts for like 3 seconds. Also after it shuts down, the caps lock button blinks 23 times before staying lit. I want to check all other issues before deciding it's a bad mother board. I heard bad memory modules could cause this so I took out one and tried starting again. Same thing. Then I took out the second one and replaced it with a brand new memory module and it now lasts like 10 more seconds before shutting down. Even with the 10 extra seconds nothing appears on the monitor to do any BIOS checking steps. Now after it shuts down, the caps lock and scroll lock stay lit while the num lock flashes 23 times before staying lit as well.

What brand and model laptop?
Try to turn of your PC take off the battery take of charger open the RAM slot.

Take out the ram and disconnect the wireless card

Press the power button and at that point keep it pressed for like 30 sec.

Reassemble it all and try to boot.

It may be a power problem or BIOS failure - try this out.

Just reset your BIOS from CMOS by taking out the small CMOS battery for a few seconds, Then Reinstall and try to power on.
Worst case you Reset the BIOS and it didn't work, but if it's the problem, it's sure to solve it.