laptop started lagging

omkarchavan

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
I bought ASUS x555LJ laptop which has 4 gb ram, 5th gen core i5 and 2gb nvidia 920m graphics. When i bought it, i played NFS most wanted 12 on it and it ran very well but after one month of use the game has started lagging even on lower graphics levels. Someone please suggest what to do.

Solution
Hi,

Make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date. Please do follow these steps.

- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

If this doesn't do the trick please do try this instead.

- Go to the location of the folder where the games are stored in and look for the .exe file of the actual game and right click on...
Hi,

Make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date. Please do follow these steps.

- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

If this doesn't do the trick please do try this instead.

- Go to the location of the folder where the games are stored in and look for the .exe file of the actual game and right click on it and look for "Run with graphics processor" and select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
(Note: you'll have to do this in all games you'll play.
- Next is to open NVIDIA control panel the go to Manage 3D settings
- Go to Program Files tab and under Select a program to customize click Add.
- Browse for the .exe file again of your game then under "Select the prefered graphics processor for this program" select High-performance NVIDIA processor.

Solution