Laptop still supplies power to Bluetooth device when off

Dec 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a HP envy 15 laptop running windows 10. I use an external Bluetooth device and Cubase elicencer. When ever then devices are in use they show a red light which indicates that it's working.
My problem is when my laptop is off and I leave the Bluetooth device or the elicencer connected, the red light is on, which suggest that the laptop is supplying power to the device. Also, the battery that was 100% charged will drop to say 90%.
Please I need help to fix this problem. Thank you

Solution
Connect the cubase to another USB port. Most likely you are using the right USB port with the flash besides the SS sign. This means you could charge devices without having the laptop on.
The ports on the left side should be off while the laptop is off. Eventually you can disable the USB charge feature in the BIOS of the Envy.
Connect the cubase to another USB port. Most likely you are using the right USB port with the flash besides the SS sign. This means you could charge devices without having the laptop on.
The ports on the left side should be off while the laptop is off. Eventually you can disable the USB charge feature in the BIOS of the Envy.

Solution
Dec 19, 2018
Thanks for your response. You are right. One of my USB port has power when the laptop is off. Though I couldn't find the option to disable it in the bios, I am glad it's not a defect. Thanks again