Question laptop stops charging while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2022
Hello guys.
I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-31-52DR ( i5 8250U & mx150 2gb & 12gb ram & 1tb ssd) which it is charging normally on desktop/youtube/etc, but when i'm playing dota 2 or anything which consumes more resources or power it stopps charging and i have to pull and put it back on the AC adapter and so on, but when i go alt+tab or quit the game it continous to charge.I have the original AC adapter of 65W (3.42A), i tried another original AC adapter of 90W (4.74A) and the problem persists.
I have tried updating the drivers and using the integrated graphic card but nothing changes , change the battery with a new original one, uninstalled the battery driver and the problem still persists.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like some component is overheating and the system is trying to protect itself from permanent harm. I suspect the battery is overheating when what you described is happening.

You try a laptop cooler, but I really don't have much confidence in those as effective devices.

Oct 30, 2022
Hello guys.
I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-31-52DR ( i5 8250U & mx150 2gb & 12gb ram & 1tb ssd) which it is charging normally on desktop/youtube/etc, but when i'm playing dota 2 or anything which consumes more resources or power it stopps charging and i have to pull and put it back on the AC adapter and so on, but when i go alt+tab or quit the game it continous to charge.I have the original AC adapter of 65W (3.42A), i tried another original AC adapter of 90W (4.74A) and the problem persists.
I have tried updating the drivers and using the integrated graphic card but nothing changes , change the battery with a new original one, uninstalled the battery driver and the problem still persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.