Laptop strange Temperature behavior

panjgoori

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hello everyone. Im having a little problem with my laptop which is running on a AMD A10-4600M with HD 7660G+7670M Dual Graphics. Ok now here is the problem im having.

When im playing Sniper Elite 3 at medium settings my laptops heats up way too much and shuts itself down. Apart from this game im not having any heat issues. in idle+moderate usage my laptops temp lies between 35-45C and with wifi connected IDM downloading files, Viber running in background, listening to music and using chrome pushes laptops temp to 55C max.

What i observed when running Sniper Elite 3 that it pushes processor to 100% at 2.67 GHz and doesn't goes down. Yes i also tried a medium cooling pad but still no help.

and one more thing which may help you that I have Catalyst 14.11 Beta with Catalyst Omega 14.12 Chipset drivers. Previously i was playing RE6 with Catalyst 14.11 Beta but didn't faced any heat issues.

Solution
Cooling pads really don't work since its an internal issue. Try making sure the fans are clean first of all, then go into the AMD driver settings, see if you can go into overclock, and just seeing if it allows you to adjust fan settings in there. Try to set that at Maximum.

Other than that, if you're really savvy, flip it over, take off the bottom cover, then remove the cooling system, try cleaning away the old thermal paste with rubbing alcohol on both the cooling system and on top of the CPU and then buy some new thermal paste. You might have a case where theres not enough transfer of heat from the CPU to the cooling system which causes heat build up and your eventual shutdown once a certain temp is reached.

Warukyure

Estimable
Cooling pads really don't work since its an internal issue. Try making sure the fans are clean first of all, then go into the AMD driver settings, see if you can go into overclock, and just seeing if it allows you to adjust fan settings in there. Try to set that at Maximum.

Other than that, if you're really savvy, flip it over, take off the bottom cover, then remove the cooling system, try cleaning away the old thermal paste with rubbing alcohol on both the cooling system and on top of the CPU and then buy some new thermal paste. You might have a case where theres not enough transfer of heat from the CPU to the cooling system which causes heat build up and your eventual shutdown once a certain temp is reached.

Solution

panjgoori

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

im currently planning to revert back to Catalyst 14.11.2 Beta as with this version i wasn't having any issues. After that if it didn't helped then i will take my laptop to a shop for cleaning and for thermal pasting.