Laptop Stuck on Loading Screen, Cant Access BIOS, Safemode Doesnt Work (Win 7)

Sameerz

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hi, I had a problem with startups from before. I made a thread but didnt get much help. Link below:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3078007/laptop-slow-waking-sleep-hibernate-ive-usual-suggestions.html

So basically all these months I turn my laptop on from hibernate and let it just sit there for 5 to 10 min. After that I click on Chrome or something and sometimes it will take ages to open the window and sometimes it will come instantly. After that, everything works fine. Today however, everything stopped.

I started the laptop and things were slow, so had to hard restart. After that, it just gets stuck on loading screen. I tried starting from safemode, it gets stuck loading drivers and never gets beyond that point. I could access BIOS but stupidly selected fast boot up and now no matter what key i press, it does not go to bios. I dont have any restore points either. I tried mem test and hd test and both came fine. I loaded a win 7 cd and it does nothing.

I uploaded two pics here. Most of the keys I press take me to edit boot options screen.

I also opened my laptop and took out the memories, cd drive and battery just because someone mentioned it could be static buildup. It did not help.

a3fod2.jpg

s2dtoh.jpg

2ektcmx.jpg

Please tell me theres hope? Help guide me through simple language.

Solution
I recommend you reinstall Windows. If you need a disc you can find one on Ebay for $6. Remember you already own a license.

If you still have problems it could be bad sectors on the drive. Replacing the drive might be in order.

Good luck.
Keith

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,

Looks like a defective hard drive and needs to be replaced.
I would get the HD out and plug it into another computer as spare.
If the other computer detect it, do backups and and download HD sentinel to check the health of the drive.

Sameerz

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

Hey, I bought an enclosure and plugged it to my PC (SATA 2.5" drive). The HD is working and Im transferring stuff atm. I have also dl HD Sentinel free trial and will test the drive after transfer is complete. Thanks for the help, I really hope its the drive that is failing and is fixable. If its not the drive, then thats a bigger problem. Will have to buy new ram and test and stuff.

EDIT: "There are 2104 weak sectors found on the disk surface." I also did a short self test and it fails. What does that mean?

Keith_Vanilla

Commendable
May 31, 2016
The hard drive is slowly failing. Try to copy your data as soon as possible to a USB Drive.
Avira has a great rescue disk.

Then put in a new drive an reinstall windows.

Good Luck
Keith

Coley_

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016

Keith_Vanilla

Commendable
May 31, 2016
I recommend you reinstall Windows. If you need a disc you can find one on Ebay for $6. Remember you already own a license.

If you still have problems it could be bad sectors on the drive. Replacing the drive might be in order.

Good luck.
Keith

Solution