Question Laptop Sudden Black Screen

Aug 13, 2021
I recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3, with this spec:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
  • Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
  • 1 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0x4 NVMe (additional, the one that come with is 512GB)
  • RAM 16GB SO-DIMM DDR4
The problem persist even after I exchanged the laptop to the store. SO the first happened when after I finished testing a game, at that time I'm using a LAN cable for internet. And when I unplug the LAN the screen goes black but the backlight is still on.
Confused, I try to hard turn off it, then turn it on again, but this time the screen is completely black. The power is on, it's just the screen. And it's happened after I update the windows (it's not happened immediately after the update though).

Then after I consult to the store they willing to exchanged it with another same spec. And this time I have it clean installed with Win10 Pro (it come with win10 home), to see the OS is the problem after update. Then after some time of OS re-installing, IT happened again just right after I log in to the windows, without warning the screen goes black. The very exact same thing happened like the previous one.

Anyone can help me to find its source problem? I'm getting tired with this .... Even when the store still willing to trade it again, I kinda think it will happened again if I don't know what's the root problem..

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 1
LotusG22 Laptop Tech Support 1
maverick251722 Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 4
Karan Malik Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
mharte88 Laptop Tech Support 3
1 Laptop Tech Support 0
Capplepar Laptop Tech Support 3
Nyrean Laptop Tech Support 1