Laptop suddenly can't run any video, games, or any online streaming

JuvenR

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
My laptop was fine, there was no external damage nor virus, but suddenly, anything related to moving pictures won't work, from videos to games just won't run. Everytime I clicked a program to run it, there will only be black screen, then I would have to open the task manager, and found the program "not responding". I really don't understand why this could happen, so please help me.
P.S. Browsers still work, opening pictures still work, but videos and games (so far I've only identified these 2 types of programs not working) won't run, it will just be "not responding"

Hi,

Start by uninstalling/reinstall the graphics card driver of your laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall any software related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site (NVIDIA or AMD).
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test your laptop again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it does please do uninstall/reinstall those programs that you've identified that will crash or will not respond.

Hi,

Start by uninstalling/reinstall the graphics card driver of your laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Do the same in Programs and Features, uninstall any software related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturers site (NVIDIA or AMD).
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test your laptop again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it does please do uninstall/reinstall those programs that you've identified that will crash or will not respond.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Laptop Tech Support 0
Capplepar Laptop Tech Support 3
Nyrean Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
All_Might Laptop Tech Support 1
WannaKnowWhy Laptop Tech Support 2
palinmike Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
abdulsalamalvi Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 9
scyron Laptop Tech Support 2