Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore?

iyasuu28

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Hello,

2 days ago i checked my laptop for any malware with "Malwarebytes" and "Hitman Pro" and cleaned my laptop with "CC cleaner" it found some serious problems and some Trojans. I fixxed the isues and restarted my laptop but then it suddenly became really slow like I couldn't even open my control panel or do ctrl + alt + del. Everything freezes for 5+ minutes every time I click on something even if I press the windows key it takes 2 minutes to open. Shutting down my laptop takes like 15 minutes! This never happend before. Before I restarded my laptop I checked for any problems with the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. There were no problems and my CPU was fine. I can't do a system restore because there aren't any recovery points :/ Also sometimes when I restart it I get a light blue screen or sometimes a black screen with nothing on it. (Sorry for my bad english)

My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 GHz
4 GB of RAM
nVidia GeForce 9600M GT
1 TB HDD

RealBeast

Distinguished
You will probably need to do a complete reinstallation, as most malware changes registry keys among other things. It is a pretty easy process if you are running Windows 7 -- you can just download the Windows installer image that is the same as your version from Digital River, burn to a DVD or make a USB installer key with THIS tool and instructions. Then download all your drivers from the manufacturer web site, load them, and update all your Windows updates.

If you are really lucky and can boot into Windows for long enough, you can try using the installer disk to do a repair installation like THIS.

In either type of install you can use your key from your Windows sticker to reactivate.

Ccleaner does not detect nor clean malware. You may need to use the built-in factory recovery, if it's still intact. Or you can reinstall Windows as RealBeast suggested, if you have that option available to you.

Minor infections can often be cleaned up, but anything severe tends to require a clean slate (recovery or reinstall). Quarantining/removing malware doesn't reverse any damage that it does.

iyasuu28

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate. Is there a video turtorial for this? Because I have 0 experience with these kind of things and I don't really understand all the terms on the forums. But I don't have a recovory CD or anything like that anymore.

TRENDING THREADS