Solved! Laptop Suggestions for Light Work

Death_of_Chaos

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I'm looking to buy a cheap laptop to do some light work model sculpting in Blender while I'm away from my desktop PC. I just wanna be able to use a drawing pad on it at the very least and to maybe do some sculpting in Blender at the very most. I can do rendering and much heavier work on my PC at home, I have a 1080 Ti I can put to work there. As cheap as possible is what I'm aiming for. I would even be fine with creating a base sculpture with the laptop and then add higher detail on the desktop. I work nights where there is a lot of downtime and I'd like to use my downtime to be productive. If none of the suggestions are in my comfort zone in price, i can make do with a laptop i can use for drawing only. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Well can we first know your max price?

Death_of_Chaos

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I would feel most comfortable at the $400-$500 range.

I'd also like to add that I'm not afraid of getting something refurbished, as long as it gets the job done I'll be happy with it.

Death_of_Chaos

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
So I bought a Lenovo Yoga Book for really cheap because the owner locked themselves out of it via Bitlocker so I'm just gonna fix that and see how that works for a while for my needs and might just sell it and use that extra cash to go towards something else. I'm thinking about saving up for the HP Sceptre x360 with Vega M graphics. I like how the screen folds over and I can draw directly onto the screen, the pen tilt function that allows for more natural hand shading (which I'm more used to since I'm more familiar with physical paper and pencil) and the compute performance from Vega should really help with some tasks I'd like to take on. I could do more with the Vega Sceptre laptop than I could with a Microsoft Surface and that's pretty intriguing. What do you guys think?

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Those are far beyond your initial 500$ budget. The cheapest option is supposed to be around the 800$ mark.

Death_of_Chaos

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
@jaslion What are you saying is beyond the $500 Mark, the Specre x360? That's why I mentioned I would be saving up for it, the one I have my sights on is roughly a $1400 model and doesn't come out till sometime this month anyway.

@1shado1 Thanks, that's what I meant, Lol!

@okcnaline Thanks for the link but I may try to just save up for something better.