Laptop switching off

hazema

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
My laptop has been switching off randomly. You can still hear the machine on when it stwitches off and doesnt shut down by pressing the power button. The only way to turn it off is by removing the battery. My laptop does heat up as well so its either a heating up probelm or a battery problem. I have tried turning the laptop without the battery and it works. I am using a Acer Aspire 5536 laptop

Thanks

Solution
The battery generates heat too, but that is good to know. You could install a new battery if it's not too much trouble, then test again. Perhaps it's that charging circuit, even.

Hopefully it's something minor.

hazema

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015

it happens everytime im on my laptop. no i haven't been able to log my laptop temperature as i haven't installed a program to do so yet. I can feel the keys and the touch pad can get really hot at times. some times it fully charges my laptop and says will lat for 6 minutes or so.

hazema

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
i will try that thanks

i also have tried using my laptop without the battery connected and just the charger and that works. so a website did say if that works then the problem is most likely going to be from the battery.

thanks for your cooperation