Question Laptop take too long before showing manufacture logo.

May 23, 2022
Hi,

My laptop take to long to show up toshiba logo When i press power button. Sometimes opens in 5min, 20min, 40min. if i restart laptop takes more time to open.
when i press power:
  • fans spins
  • 3 leds on
  • waits random time (5min to 60min maybe more)

What i did to fix it :
  • Reset power cycle,
  • cleaned motherboard, fan,
  • replaced thermal paste
  • tried only with AC, or battery
  • unplug every externals.
  • ram changed one by one, ssd removed, hdd removed.
  • tried press button 3 5 times(I tried without button.I Shortcut pins and same thing happened).
  • external monitor.
  • cmos battery replaced
  • tried clean format windows 10 (it took so long format because restart when installed windows 10)

nothing works. I couldn't find what is causing this problem. Maybe someday it won't open.
now days, I dont turn off the laptop until night, just put on sleep mode.

laptop specs:
toshiba satelite s70-a-11e
16gb ram
cpu 4700mq
ssd 500gb + 1tb hdd(with hdd caddy)

Try to obtain a Toshiba diagnostic (most vendors have them available) and run that. Ideally, the diagnostic would be bootable and run outside of Windows. That would have been the first thing I would have tried. The second would be a clean reinstall (complete wipe) of Windows. That often cures the problem you are having. I'm not scolding you, but the last thing to try is opening up your laptop and trying random things. Lots of things get broken that way--especially if you don't follow good ESD practices. I always recommend getting the service manual and following those procedures. There is a ton of bad advice available on you tube. Most of those guys are bad news.

One more thing--if your drive(s) incorporate SMART technology, get a SMART drive reader and see what it says about the current status of the drive(s). The diagnostic software likely will do this but may not. SMART will show you problems that have been logged for the drive.

May 23, 2022
One more thing--if your drive(s) incorporate SMART technology, get a SMART drive reader and see what it says about the current status of the drive(s). The diagnostic software likely will do this but may not. SMART will show you problems that have been logged for the drive.
Try to obtain a Toshiba diagnostic (most vendors have them available) and run that. Ideally, the diagnostic would be bootable and run outside of Windows. That would have been the first thing I would have tried. The second would be a clean reinstall (complete wipe) of Windows. That often cures the problem you are having. I'm not scolding you, but the last thing to try is opening up your laptop and trying random things. Lots of things get broken that way--especially if you don't follow good ESD practices. I always recommend getting the service manual and following those procedures. There is a ton of bad advice available on you tube. Most of those guys are bad news.
My laptop doesn't have built-in diagnostic like hp laptops do. I have done diagnostic test with Toshiba PC diagnostic tool on windows 10 when the problem occuried. I didn't mention it because diagnostic tool is not working properly. All tests were passed although app gives incompatible warning.

By the way what i did list is not ordered list.