laptop takes 6 minutes to turn on and 100% hard drive usage?

22Jess

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
i have a asus k56cm laptop 2013 and it is running poorly. It is always at 100% disk usage on the task manager and it takes a very long time to start up and shut off. When i say 'long time to start up' i don't mean it is slow on the desktop but rather booting up. It shows the asus logo and a spinning wheel but it does that 2-4 times and there is sometimes a black screen. I have tried many things but nothing seems to help. I believe that the two problems might relate together and it might be internally. This is just a opinion since i am not expert. please help me if you can. Thanks
-Jessie

Larry WU

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Do a virus scan on the laptop, looks like you are infected by an virus.
Also do a malware scan using Malwarebytes.

If this didn't help, it should be an internal problem.

when you get into windows..use hdtune and hard drive vendor test tool to check the health of the hard drive. use ccleaner to clean up the drive for free space. also use msconfig and turn off stuff under startup tab. just leave your anti virus software on. also check in add/remove programs that only one malware and one anti virus program is running. if there two of them they can be issue. also see if booting into f8 safe mode is faster. if it is some time windows gets so damaged that your better off backing up your personal data and doing a nuke and pave.

22Jess

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
i have tried all those things but still my computer is not working... I found a malware but it still dint fix anything... it seems (to me) that my read and write speeds are too slow maybe? idk my laptop has been like this a while and i might need to get it fixed. Any other suggestions?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 15
J Laptop Tech Support 10
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 16