Laptop temperatures and college needs

Talon TSI

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
OK, so here's the scoop, I'm going to college so and i need a laptop. I really want a gaming laptop. I have been working for quite a while so i got a decent amount of cash to spend about $1600 a bit more if really is something nice. Now here's my issue i am EXTREMELY obseesed with CPU and GPU temps, i built my gaming PC, a few mounths ago and its liquid cooled. I never ever like to see it go above 60 degrees. I get kinda nervous. I know 90 is "OK" but i feel thats way to hot for a electronic device to get. Now my problem is i want a gaming laptop and they get f***ing toasty. I really really want the HP omen 15. I love the way it looks and the cooler seems to be good for its size. Should i be worried about temps this bad? Can temps make the computer die much faster? Also if you have any good suggestions it would be appreciated. BTW i looked at some of the ROG laptops and they are heavy, not that i cant carry them.. just seems like they would get annoying to carry. HP omen 4.4Lbs <3 SOMEONE HELP ME!:pt1cable::??:
Thanks for your time

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
Laptop chips are designed with much higher thermal limits. I've got a 2nd gen i7 laptop that has run at 180F+ under load for years. It doesn't even bother to ramp up the fan speeds until 160F.

Get a good chill mat to go under one (I like the ones that have a single giant fan) and don't worry too much about it. HP laptops usually have excellent heat sinks in my experience.