laptop to asus monitor via HDMI --- desktop smaller than the display (with pics)

F3RYX-47

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
hi sorry for bad english in advance . . .

so i have an asus laptop with an intel/nvidia graphics . . . the display part is all on intel !!

i tried to connect my laptop to my monitor with a hdmi cable and it was fine my intel graphics chose the clone display option (basically you have your laptop display on and showing every thing and you just project an exact image on the tv) but i don't want my laptop screen to be on all the time (if you turn the laptop screen off the screen goes off on tv too) i chose digital television , basically the same thing as (windows+P) but now the screen on my tv is only taking 3/4 of the display , i can see videos in full screen with no problems but windows and programs and desktop are 3/4 of the whole display . . .

the resolution is 1080 and i can't go higher , and it's a 1080p monitor . . .
and also there is no option on my monitor to adjust or resize the screen , there is such options on my graphics option but it's already 100% and i can only make it smaller

it's an asus n56jr laptop and an asus VX248H monitor

here's some pics to see . . .

4ad874a99d.jpg
4ad9b4606e.jpg

4ada14b645.jpg

Solution
well no one helped but i figured it out myself , it was the graphics driver , it was my manufacturer's driver which was way to old , had to uninstall it and install a new one (intel driver update utility found the latest version for my device)

F3RYX-47

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
well no one helped but i figured it out myself , it was the graphics driver , it was my manufacturer's driver which was way to old , had to uninstall it and install a new one (intel driver update utility found the latest version for my device)

Solution