laptop to tv connections via HDMI

mjmallo

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
Hi
after my HDMI connection , we get sound and the computer screen saver image on the TV. So I can't get "off" the image of the screen saver, while I can here the correct audio of the movie that is playing on the laptop "ACER". So how do you flip on the movie ?

Solution
It sounds like your TV is being added as an extended screen. If you drag the movie window off the laptop's screen (try all four directions - left, right, up, down), it should show up on the TV in one of those directions.

Windows also has options to duplicate the laptop screen to the TV (this locks you to the lower resolution of the two devices). Or to use the TV as your only display (turning the laptop screen off and allowing you to use the TV's full resolution). To get to these options, right-click the desktop and click on Screen Resolution. That settings page will also let you set up which way you have to drag a program to make it show up on your TV in the extended desktop configuration.
It sounds like your TV is being added as an extended screen. If you drag the movie window off the laptop's screen (try all four directions - left, right, up, down), it should show up on the TV in one of those directions.

Windows also has options to duplicate the laptop screen to the TV (this locks you to the lower resolution of the two devices). Or to use the TV as your only display (turning the laptop screen off and allowing you to use the TV's full resolution). To get to these options, right-click the desktop and click on Screen Resolution. That settings page will also let you set up which way you have to drag a program to make it show up on your TV in the extended desktop configuration.

Solution