Laptop to TV via HDMI - screen freezes only when enlarged to full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulmcg22

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have a new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series and am trying to connect it via HDMI to my LG LED TV which I bought in 2014.

When I connect the laptop to the tv, the screen appears fine and everything works fine on both. However if I'm watching something on Netflix, when I have it on just the small screen everything is great, but as soon as I click to make the movie full screen on my laptop, the screen on the tv will also enlarge to full screen but freeze after 2 seconds. The TV screen manages to catch up and freeze again every 5-10 seconds or so, but the play quality of the laptop isn't affected at all. It's as though the tv screen just can't keep up with the laptop when it's full screen streaming, yet it's absolutely fine when Netflix is playing in small screen mode.

It's strange because I did the exact same thing with an old Lenovo laptop, using the same tv and HDMI cables, and never had any problems.

Anybody know what the issue could be?

Thanks

Solution
This is easy, there is only one answer: VIDEO DRIVER.

If the driver is the latest and came from Dell, note the video chipset and try to find driver (for that chipset) from Samsung.

Another source is directly from the video chipset vendor.
This is easy, there is only one answer: VIDEO DRIVER.

If the driver is the latest and came from Dell, note the video chipset and try to find driver (for that chipset) from Samsung.

Another source is directly from the video chipset vendor.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.