Laptop to TV video issue

bodo1612

Estimable
May 17, 2018
Hy all,
I have a lenovo z500 laptop with intel video 4000 integrated and an nvidia gt740m , i7 and 8 gb ram . I bought an 55 inch 4k tv sony and i have some problems when playing videos with any player , the video freezes for about 1 sec per minute . I have resolution on laptop 1920x1080 at 60 hz . I have also an 40 inch tv 1080p and i dont have the same problems. Is the video card too old and that is why the video has lag or is the tv?!

Solution
Hi there Bodo1612,

I will be happy to assist you today. According to my knowledge there can be two issues.

- The VGA cable you are trying to connect with the TV may be broken.

- Your graphic card may not be updated.
(Just a tip of advise for updating your drivers, you can use Driver booster 5 provided By IO-Bit. It will update each and every single of your drivers.)

If non of them is the issue then just reply to this thread again I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Bodo1612,

I will be happy to assist you today. According to my knowledge there can be two issues.

- The VGA cable you are trying to connect with the TV may be broken.

- Your graphic card may not be updated.
(Just a tip of advise for updating your drivers, you can use Driver booster 5 provided By IO-Bit. It will update each and every single of your drivers.)

If non of them is the issue then just reply to this thread again I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

Solution

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Bodo1612,

Another solution for your problem. You can follow the steps described below they might solve your problem.

- You must make sure that only on desktop background is selected.

- Keep only one wallpaper in the desktop. Right click on the Desktop then select personalize after that click desktop background

- Make sure you select only one wallpaper. Then it won't lag when watching HD movies in 720p or 1080p

-In extended mood it might go out of sync in case of "audio" so try using your PC's audio or speakers.

Try this it may solve your problem. Any issues just reply to this thread I will be happy to assist you again.

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer