Laptop - Toshiba Satellite P50-C-12Z

donisal

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
I really wanted I laptop and my mom bough me this for my birthday, what you guys think?

Intel® Core™ i7-5500U
2 GB NVIDIA GeForce 930M
16 GB DDR3
1 TB SSHD

Solution
Overall it is a good general use laptop. It has a 1080p screen, the i7-5500u is pretty good and it has 16GB which is a bit overkill, but your mom most likely didn't know any better. The nVidia 930m is rather weak though so it is not really that good to play games.

You will be mostly limited to playing most modern games at 1366x768 resolution with low or at best medium graphics quality. Again, your mom most likely doesn't know any better. At least it is better than the integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core. Games that uses Valve's Source Engine like Half-Life 2, Dota 2, and Team Fortress 2 should be playable at 1080p with low (maybe medium) graphic settings since the Source Engine has pretty low requirements. League of Legends is...
Overall it is a good general use laptop. It has a 1080p screen, the i7-5500u is pretty good and it has 16GB which is a bit overkill, but your mom most likely didn't know any better. The nVidia 930m is rather weak though so it is not really that good to play games.

You will be mostly limited to playing most modern games at 1366x768 resolution with low or at best medium graphics quality. Again, your mom most likely doesn't know any better. At least it is better than the integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core. Games that uses Valve's Source Engine like Half-Life 2, Dota 2, and Team Fortress 2 should be playable at 1080p with low (maybe medium) graphic settings since the Source Engine has pretty low requirements. League of Legends is another game that has low system requirements and you should be able to use very high graphic settings at 1080p.

Just keep your gaming expectations low and you'll be fine.

Solution

donisal

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015

Thanks