Laptop turns on and cuts off other people's internet?

swiftmcpro

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
Me and my brother both use a laptop. My laptop is connected to the internet via ethernet cable while my brother is connected via wifi. We are using the same network. For some reason, if my brother is using the internet first and I turn on my laptop, it shuts his wifi down for awhile... Like 30 seconds or so, before he can connect normally again. It's really weird. Please help.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a power cycle with your model/router. Turn it off for couple of seconds then turn it back on then test weather the same problem will persist.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the Network adapter with your laptop. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the LAN card then reboot your laptop and it should automatically reinstall.
- After the reboot test if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work do contact your ISP since it's a problem with the model/router configuration.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a power cycle with your model/router. Turn it off for couple of seconds then turn it back on then test weather the same problem will persist.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the Network adapter with your laptop. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the LAN card then reboot your laptop and it should automatically reinstall.
- After the reboot test if the same problem will persist or not.
- If all these will not work do contact your ISP since it's a problem with the model/router configuration.

Solution