So i have this problem with my laptop where it shuts down after 5 seconds,and i think i caused this.
So i was doing a laptop screen change but during the screen change i touched the back of the screen board where it says "DO NOT TOUCH" and then my laptop turned off, after that it would only turn on for a couple of seconds then shut down.
My question for you guys is what did i cause? Is the motherboard Dead?
Thank you guys i really appreciate your help.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may shed some light or to solve the issue.
- First do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- If it will still not work, remove the battery again then boot it up with just the charger connected. Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will work.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work I would suggest opening the laptop again and make sure all connections are properly seated specially the LCD ribbon cables.
- And if all these will still not work unfortunately the problem is the motherboard. When you replace the laptop it should have been completely off and the battery disconnected as well.