Question laptop turns on but after 2-3 seconds no fans, no keyboard led, no display, but power led still works, I cant access to BIOS

Jun 26, 2022
After opening a video on reddit on opera the display suddenly froze, and I could not control anything. So I pressed power button to turn off my laptop.

But since then when I try to open my laptop it turns on for a couple seconds,
  • fans turn on,
  • keyboard leds turn on,
  • led on the power button turns on, but after 2-3 seconds of pressing the power button, other then the led on the power button everything else turns off
so I thought maybe it goes into the sleep mode, but after a while the laptop also starts to become warmer.

I tried,
  • connecting the laptop with HDMI cable to an external monitor, to see whether the computer was working, external monitor couldnt find the soure, so I think it didnt work,
  • turning off the laptop, plugging out the A/C cable, taking off the battery, and then pressing on power button for app. 1 minute, and then putting the battery back in and plugging in the A/C cable and turning on again, it didnt work
    • the same step without putting the battery back in but plugging A/C cable and turning on again, it didnt work
    • the same step without plugging the A/C cable in but putting the battery back in and turning on again, it didnt work
  • reseating memory, battery, hard disk, cmos batteries, and again, it didnt work
Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad L340-17irh gaming laptop
  • Intel i5 9th gen processor
  • nvidia geforce gtx 1650
Edit : I forgot to mention that I put the laptop display down - which should have put the laptop in sleep mode which but didnt- before I force shot it down from the power button

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
lexahrro Laptop Tech Support 1
blisterbug Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 0
yaezah Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
Jack36 Laptop Tech Support 1
JamDoms Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 13