Question Laptop turns on but black screen

Jun 29, 2019
I have a problem when I turn on laptop the fan gets on but the screen is black but there is a hard fix to make laptop sooooo hot and then it will power with normal screen so Idk how to fix but Im not sure but im thinking the issue could be my wifi adapter cause it is damaged and when I turned it on my laptop just freezed so should I try removing wifi adapter cause im not sure

Reactions: isah_sh
If the laptop is that hot, the display isn't your only problem. You risk frying anything all the way up to the drive and the motherboard.

Due to this, I wouldn't try messing with it yourself. If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty any longer. try contacting a local tech.

Jun 29, 2019
If the laptop is that hot, the display isn't your only problem. You risk frying anything all the way up to the drive and the motherboard.

Due to this, I wouldn't try messing with it yourself. If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't under warranty any longer. try contacting a local tech.
When I power up laptop the wifi light gets turned on and that second when the light gets off it gives me a black screen and when I make laptop hot like leaving it on sun it will power up normal and the wifi light will not turn on,I tried even on a external monitor but same ,I will try uninstalling wifi adapter if that doesn't work I will try removing wifi adapter from laptop because it is damaged everytime I turned on wifi my laptop just freezed.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019
Do let us know what happens.
Well the graphic card was broken so the only way to fix it was by replacing the motherboard cause the graphic chip comes out together with it which it isn't an good option to replace it and probaly the reason cause it was broken was because I used it too much and mostly for games if laptop gets used too much and mostly for gaming the graphic chip it will becomes so hot and it will get broken so I propose you guys don't use laptop too much and mostly for games because it is sure you will have that problem and mostly laptop HP dv Pavilon series laptop have that problems so if you need to game buy a pc not a laptop cause this problem doesn't exist to pc's cause the chip has defenses and its big and to the laptop it doesn't has its just the chip,laptop is for work and for study not for gaming this problem mostly came to many laptops since 2008 but if you have this problem doesn't mean 100% it is this kind of cause it could be ram,battery,keyboard,wifi adapter and something others which can cause the problem Sorry for my bad english