Laptop turns to a black screen

AliAk1

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Hello,I have a sony Vaio vpccw17fx when I turn it on it starts it boots then suddenly a blank screen comes but the laptop is on power light on no cursor only a black screen can't do anything when I tried to open the BIOS same happened please help me!

emy12

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hi, I had the same issue with the Toshiba A300, it was a quick fix, I dissembled the laptop and cleared the CMOS, just remove the battery or unplug the wires of it for a few seconds, I do not know what option you have, in my case the CMOS battery is soldered on motherboard, i had to put a wire across the + and - for a few seconds, put back all together and all good now.

emy12

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hi, I had the same issue with the Toshiba A300, it was a quick fix, I dissembled the laptop and cleared the CMOS, just remove the battery or unplug the wires of it for a few seconds, I do not know what option you have, in my case the CMOS battery is soldered on motherboard, i had to put a wire across the + and - for a few seconds, put back all together and all good now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bojan1 Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
junior31210 Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question My asus laptop turns on, but the screen stays black
Question Laptop screen turns black randomly
Question Laptop screen turns black when booting into windows 10
Question Laptop turns on but black screen
Discussion My laptop screen turned black and shut down when I Enabled Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 driver
Question When i turn laptop on,keyboard backlight and charging led light turn on but screen is black,fan not spinning and hard disk not on
Solved! Lenovo laptop turns on but only shows black screen
I have a evoo laptop and it was working fine.. Today i turn it on and the screen is black.. I got nothing i just got it for ch
Solved! Black screen when laptop turns on
What if u cant in your laptop at and it still blinking and turn black
Solved! there was some lines over my laptop screen i turn it off and when i turn it on the screen stays black.
Solved! Water spilled on my Lenovo laptop then after 2 weeks the keyboard light was on but the screen turn black what should I do
Solved! I use acer swift 3 window 10. I tried to turn on the laptop, the screen showed the acer logo but suddenly the it turned black.
I have a windows 10 acer touch screen laptop, nothiing happens after i turn it on and the logo shows up, just a black screen b
I have an acer aspire E1-531 laptop whe you turn it on you get black screen and the fan is not running
My laptop turns on but the screen remains black. It appears to not receiving any voltage. What could be the problem
My dell laptop turns on but the screen is black with white letters . What do I do to make it turn on ?
I pressed a key then the laptop turned the screen black but it's on
My lenovo laptop is not turning on. Just blinking with black color. Power botton is on.
When I turn on my laptop ,the screen still remains black whereas the LEDs are blinking plz help me

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS