Laptop Unreadable Drive

Coolbotic

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
Had this laptop (Toshiba satellite) and is first tried to boot and it said Bootable device not found so I restarted and opened the bios and change a few different boot options (CSM) and then restarted and said something like media check failed and then missing cable or something. So then I took out the hard drive and plugged into already running PC and it found the drive so I could copy all the files but when trying to boot the other computer of the drive I removed it got stuck with flashing white line and didn't boot. Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this to get the computer running again with all the files?

Thanks James

Hi,

The symptoms that you got (Bootable device not found and media check failed) has something to do with your HDD. If it will not boot up when you put the HDD back that means it's really the HDD that is faulty and the only solution would be to replace it unfortunately.

Coolbotic

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016

That's what I thought until I realised is was an SSD dive XX and that I can read all the files just cannot boot from it!