Laptop usb ports lack power

MilitantCro

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hey,

So recently I got a new 4k monitor and for some reason it wont run 60hz off hdmi even tho my laptop and monitor are both 2.0 enabled. Thank god i have a usb-c thunderbolt port on my laptop so I got a nice adapter to display port so I can run my monitor and it works perfectly.

Now the problem is my USB ports barely works when I am using the USB-C port to run the display. At first my razer deathadder chroma didnt work at all, somehow I made it connect and work and to power the mouse and its the one on the other side of the usb c one. The moment I plug anything in any other port i disconnects my mouse. If I plug off the monitor everything works normally. Also the mouse only works if the laptop is charging.

Is there anything I can do to edit the power delivery to some off the ports on my laptop, can stuff like lowering the power to my wifi adapter help?

PS: I can do a nice little test, if I plug in my laptop cooler with the speed off it works and while I turn the speed on towards the max it disconnects my mouse cause it starts to use more power.

Win10, Asus ux501vw