Laptop uses integrated gpu instead of dedicated one

Apr 22, 2018
My laptop has an AMD Radeon R7 M340 but it always uses the AMD R7 Graphics i have searched on the internet and tried practicly everything.
Even changing games in catalyst to "High Performance" didn't work i also wiped my laptop and that didn't help too is there any other way ?
i am currently using the 18.2.1 version of Catalyst

A. Uninstall, and then reinstall, the latest graphics card driver.
B. Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.

1. Open the "Control Center".
2. Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
3. Click on the "Program Settings" tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.
4. Now select "preferred graphics processor" in the drop down list. (You can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting) If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance AMD processor.

Once it is running on the right one, test the system again and see if the problem persists.

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance.

You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

Apr 22, 2018

where do i find the 3D settings in the 18.2.1 version of AMD radeon settings ?

Apr 22, 2018

Well now it updated and ccc doesn't exist anymore so where should i look ?

Apr 22, 2018

The additional settings don't exist anymore on the newest version so maybe it is a faulty gpu? Because when I change to high performance it insta switches back

Apr 22, 2018

If I'm not mistaking that is v17 crimson but adrenalin has "everything" in the base settings

Alas I can not find info on the control center/settings for that version. If they are different as you have stated, than the ones mentioned here. The only other option would be to contact them about the settings and see where they hid the ability to change which GPU is used, or if it was actually removed (the ability to make it dedicated). Which that would have to be the manufacturer's doing.