Laptop Water Trouble

Jul 16, 2018
Lenovo Ideapad had water spilled on it so I dried it out and worked fine then coincidentally my cat spilled another cup of water on it and I quickly dried it off and the white charging led blinks every 8 seconds when it's plugged in but still won't turn on. What the [watch your language] am I supposed to do?

Liquid damage is hit or miss. Sometimes it doesn't hit sensitive electronics, other times it just takes the right amount on the wrong circuit or component and then it's over.

Try disconnecting all power and components (battery included) and leave it on a bed of white rice (make sure no rice gets into any vents or ports). You might luck out and the rice may absorb any moisture.

Liquid damage is hit or miss. Sometimes it doesn't hit sensitive electronics, other times it just takes the right amount on the wrong circuit or component and then it's over.

Try disconnecting all power and components (battery included) and leave it on a bed of white rice (make sure no rice gets into any vents or ports). You might luck out and the rice may absorb any moisture.

xWoolfy

Your best bet is to leave it open and drying for a few days. Yes, I do mean days. Make sure that it gets as much dry air as possible. And make sure there is no power to it at all. Once it has been a few days, then try starting it up and see if you get any signs of life. Were it to not work, even then, I would suggest taking it to a local tech and have it looked at. With water or other liquids, there is way to much that can go wrong.

Good Luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonkariuki98 Laptop Tech Support 1
Josh41 Laptop Tech Support 0
Rakib0332 Laptop Tech Support 3
ony308 Laptop Tech Support 2
abraracs Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 2
HeyAshh1 Laptop Tech Support 1
Hyosungelena Laptop Tech Support 1
XxSadGirlxX Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 3