laptop will not boot up

alshookup

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
have an Acer Aspire 3810TZ laptop and am experiencing a problem when switching on. I can hear what I believe to be the hard drive whirring away and the opening sound of windows tones are heard but nothing appears on screen and all is black. it doesnt respond to any of the keys at all. It worked ok then stopped then came on again for a few minutes as normal but then went into it's current state again.

Any ideas if it could be repairable please?

Solution
The whirring you're hearing is more likely one or more fans, unless you just so happen to have a rather obnoxious HDD installed. Your real issue, though (the blank screen), sounds like either a bad display adapter or a dead screen.

In this laptop's case, your display adapter is also your processor. One thing you can do to test whether it's the common denominator or not is to connect an external screen to the computer; if you can't get a picture externally either, then it's almost certainly your processor. If you DO get a picture, then you'll need to consider replacing your screen and/or the video cable (chances are only one of the two is bad).
The whirring you're hearing is more likely one or more fans, unless you just so happen to have a rather obnoxious HDD installed. Your real issue, though (the blank screen), sounds like either a bad display adapter or a dead screen.

In this laptop's case, your display adapter is also your processor. One thing you can do to test whether it's the common denominator or not is to connect an external screen to the computer; if you can't get a picture externally either, then it's almost certainly your processor. If you DO get a picture, then you'll need to consider replacing your screen and/or the video cable (chances are only one of the two is bad).

Solution

alshookup

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015

alshookup

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Gone belly up again, works fine on external monitor and you can just make out a very faint image on the laptop screen. Something is packing in but I don't know what?

Any help?