Laptop will not factory reset. It cant! Windows 7

Silicrylic

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015
I have a Samsung laptop, RC512. Something happened to it and it will do almost nothing. It wont update at all. All the updates it has tried just fail. I really want to update it to windows 10 but it just fails. I've decided to factory reset it and I've tried everything and it wont! I tried using a repair disk and selecting System Restore but all the restore points don't go back far enough to help my pc. I've tried using the Samsung Recovery Solution 5 that my computer came with. Well its not even showing up when I press F4, turns out it got removed from my last factory reset that I did. So, I went to redownload the Samsung Recovery Solution 5 and..... It doesn't install. It says something about how "'u' is not a integer value." I have no idea what to do now someone please help me.

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
When you say your laptop won't update, do you mean you are getting an error message like "Update Failed" or does it seem to be hanging/frozen?

If the latter, then leave your laptop to run overnight; a few months ago I updated my PC and I has to wait about 16 hours for the updates to install due to server overloads at Microsoft.

If all else fails, you could use a generic Windows OS Disk and use that to reinstall your laptop from scratch. If you go that route, you may need to download a couple of tools to force the disk to work with your laptop, and you will also have to go through the laborious process of manually installing all the drivers for your laptop (note: watch out for FAKE driver-download websites, go straight to Samsung, nowhere else).

http://

Personally I would not install Windows 10 at all; I'm sure you've read about the privacy concerns about the new OS.

Silicrylic

Estimable
Nov 20, 2015

Hey sorry I forgot to clarify. I meant to say that yes the "Update Failed." It does that with every update. I've tried to just install one at a time and I've tried just leaving it running for awhile. None of it works :/

Second thought is that I have my windows 7 install disk, but if I use it, won't it ask for a product key? Can I type the one I currently have on my PC into that? Its an OEM product key. I'm not sure if it will work or not.