Laptop will not power on

beagleridge

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
I have a toshiba laptop with a non removable battery, in the past if this happened I knew to remove the battery and force it on. With this I can not remove the battery. Any other ways to turn it on. It has power from the cord, that light is on, nothing els. Please help. I need to access it for a presentation.

Solution
From the looks of things, seems to me like the motherboard might have been cooked once again. It is possible that the CPU is faulty as well, but it is highly unlikely.

I am assuming that there is no beeps or blinking lights since you didn't mention.

As for the reason of the motherboard failing, I think it's due to either poor built quality or your power adapter is providing excessive power.

Stylin80

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Please provide more detail, such as:
- When and how did it happen?
- What light is on? Power? HDD activity?
- Laptop model?
- Any beeps or lights flashing?

As for what could have possibly happened based off the small details you gave, possible issues include loose display cable, faulty CPU/Motherboard, faulty monitor, bad RAM, many more...

beagleridge

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017

beagleridge

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Thanks,
I shut it down last night and this morning it would not turn on. The only light that is on is the one which comes on when I plug it in. No sound of any sort and no clue why. It is a toshiba satellite radius model number P55W B 5318. It had the mother board replaced just before Christmas....

Stylin80

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
From the looks of things, seems to me like the motherboard might have been cooked once again. It is possible that the CPU is faulty as well, but it is highly unlikely.

I am assuming that there is no beeps or blinking lights since you didn't mention.

As for the reason of the motherboard failing, I think it's due to either poor built quality or your power adapter is providing excessive power.

Solution