Laptop will not reboot when opening lid

Ron_91

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
Been "lurking" this site for a few years now and it has helped me immensely in figuring out alot of things.

However my latest issue doesn't seem to fit the other questions I have read. My HP G60-230US (clean win 10 install) will not wake up when I open the screen. I get the black screen with the hanging cursor. The same thing happens when I plug in the computer (after I have fully turned it off). I have ensured the hybrid sleep is turned off and power settings are adjusted to what has been suggested here. I do not have the power management tab under ACPI-lid (right clicking will not work to open device manager as administrator) to check that. Known issues are that the cmos battery is just a plain CR2032 as I am waiting for the proper wired type and the main battery is useless. Not sure if any of this helps but I am hoping it is not a hard drive issue as I just replaced it when I got the computer from a friend, although it was an older used hard drive I had lying around for file backups.

Thanks for any help you can give me as I have been stuck on this since I got the computer 6 months ago.

Forgot to mention that it was doing this when I installed win 8.1 when I first put in the hard drive.

Solution
First fix he issues with your system, then you can work on the power issue. Make sure BIOS is updated, install the drivers for the system from HP, get the battery working.

That system was made for Vista, it's not very odd it does not work properly on 8 or 10. Hp only lists Vista and 7 under the drivers available for it.
First fix he issues with your system, then you can work on the power issue. Make sure BIOS is updated, install the drivers for the system from HP, get the battery working.

That system was made for Vista, it's not very odd it does not work properly on 8 or 10. Hp only lists Vista and 7 under the drivers available for it.

Solution