Laptop windows 10 can't connect to the wifi but phone and other computer can connect it

nyizaymin2007

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Hi, my computer was just brought like a week ago, during the week I can connect to the wifi and surf the internet and play some online games. Then suddenly the wifi that I am using cannot connect to it and the laptop can't detect the wifi even though I have manually connected the wifi. I have try offing the wifi and back on but it wouldn't work. I also have reset the wifi it will didn't work. All my connections have been updated to the latest version. BTW I don't have a router.

Well you would have to have a modem or router (or both) to access WiFi, unless you are accessing someone else's WiFi.

In regard to it not working, it sounds like you have tried everything I would suggest. If this is the case, and it is that new, I would first test it on other WiFi and see if it will connect. If it will, then your connection to the one you are trying to use seems to be blocked or it isn't working correctly and you need to talk to the ISP.

Now if it has problems connecting to any WiFi anywhere, then I would return the device and get them to exchange it.

nyizaymin2007

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Well I a modem that giving my phone wifi but my laptop is just buggy or Idk cause sometime there is wifi connected but can't assess the wifi but It will disappear

brynisha030506

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I am having the same issue. I'm using Windows 10 on this tablet/laptop device. it was working just fine for a while and all of a sudden it stopped working. Not sure if it was after an update or what bc I don't use this all of the time. Just here and then when I need to get on the internet to look up things. So I have been trying to figure why this will not connect to the Wifi in my house. We have a Comcast internet router box. I have been looking online to find a solution - have reset the wifi, have even reset this device. It will, however connect to mobile hotspot so I guess I'm using my phone's data to be online with it for now.

aprilmrwg

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
My computer is having similar trouble. I use my phone as a hot spot and it has worked fine for over a year, then a couple days ago it suddenly won't let me connect. I thought it might be a problem with my hot spot, but I can connect my chromebook fine. I'm not good with technology problems, so my husband tried to fix it... he did a complete factory restore and it still doesn't let me connect.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AverageWhiteGirl Laptop Tech Support 1
Redamed92 Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
TripleDigitRide Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1