Laptop with USB 3.0, 16" or bigger

AndorDrakon

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Good day all,

I am trying to find a decent laptop to be used at home as 2nd computer (desktop PC was bought last year and due to good selection of components, part of which were suggested here, it's still superb).

What I want to have in laptop - it will be mostly used by my GF:

- screen should be bigger than 16" - perhaps I will settle for 15,4" in case everything else is OK
- I want a good CPU capable of running Windows 7 as well as some games like SC2 (if I ever decide to play on the laptop I want to be able to do so)
- Which of course means I'd like a rather good graphics card - something like Mobility Radeon 5650 or stronger
- The disk size is not an issue. 7200 rpm would be very much appreciated
- USB 3.0 is also high on my list - if there's a laptop which will satisfy all of the above I may choose to skip this
- nice looks would help :pt1cable:

Now the price, I understand prices which you will have will be significantly lower than what I'll have to pay in Croatia for the same laptop. Let's make the price limit of 1.100 USD.

I have been checking myself but so far have not found any laptop with all of the above.

As I don't have experience with the number of cores in the laptops and the heating issues nor the speed in GHz, I will have to rely on your advices.

Thank you in advance.

AndorDrakon

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I apologize for not checking the posting rules.

Here's as required:

1. What is your budget? -up to 1.100 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? -17" and bigger

3. What screen resolution do you want? -minimum 1.600x900

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? -desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? -not an issue at all

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? -StarCraft 2, medium settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) -watch movies, surf the web

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? -320 GB will be enough, 7200 rpm will be a welcome bonus

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. -I will be buying in Croatia

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? -minimum 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? -DVD writer will do

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. -HP would be slightly favored

13. What country do you live in? -Croatia

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. -I want an USB 3.0 connector as well as a system capable of running Windows 7 without any problems.