Laptop won’t Boot (one problem turned to another)

Feb 2, 2019
I have an ASUS ROG GL552V and it wouldn’t boot on

At first, it turned on but it wouldn’t boot to Windows and goes straight to Bios.It wouldn’t detect the hard drive, saying there is no bootable device. At times that it did detect the Hard drive, it would go to automatic repair at the logo screen. It would prompt me to do system repairs or restores, but it would tell me that it can’t find problems or it tells me to restart. Restarting just continues the endless cycle of problems above.

So, following a techy friend of mine, he suggested replugging the hard drive which I did because it may be loose. Now the laptop won’t even turn on. The led lights/power just blinks but the icon for the hard drive won’t even light up. Please help.

Lutfij

Splendid
You may want to disassemble the laptop and keep the battery unplugged for at least 30 mins. Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds while the battery is out. Then reassemble the system and see if you can get into BIOS. If you can get into BIOS, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop.

Which OS were you working with?

Feb 2, 2019

Windows 10. I’ve tried that solution multiple times and as I’ve said, the led lights just blink once in awhile as if they’re trying to start up but failing before trying again. The only light that doesn’t turn on is for the icon for the hard drive.

A bit reluctant to bring the laptop to a repair shop since they might charge at an absurd price so as much as possible any help is appreciated.