Laptop won't boot from genuine windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoZ

Estimable
Jul 26, 2014
My laptop charger died a while back and I didn't have chance to reinstall a broken windows. I believe it's formatted but when I attempt to load from CD I just get a black screen.

In the bios I have disabled the HDD which then bring up the screen telling me that the disc inside isn't a bootable disc and put one in, any key to continue.

Now I've tried this with a genuine windows disc (vista home premium) and also a couple of versions I've burned previously but none of them are working.

The CD/RW spools up and can hear the disc being read (slightly as if it's attempting to) but I get the same message again.

Debating if it could be my CD/RW and not the actual disc.

It does have an option for reading from removable device can I maybe download an image of vista and put it onto the memory stick? Or any other solutions

Solution
In the bios, enable the Harddrive and make sure its #1 in the boot order. Put the windows disk in the drive. Save and exit.

Watch the screen for the F-key option to press that corresponds to "Select boot device". Press that key and select to boot from your dvd drive. If your bios is the newer graphical UEFI style make sure you select to boot from the uefi dvd drive option (though I doubt you have it with a Vista pc)

That should get windows loading.

popatim

Splendid
In the bios, enable the Harddrive and make sure its #1 in the boot order. Put the windows disk in the drive. Save and exit.

Watch the screen for the F-key option to press that corresponds to "Select boot device". Press that key and select to boot from your dvd drive. If your bios is the newer graphical UEFI style make sure you select to boot from the uefi dvd drive option (though I doubt you have it with a Vista pc)

That should get windows loading.

Solution

rylaraway

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
I had the exact same program and used a recovery program that I bought a while ago. I can pretty much guarantee it will work for you, it's the same thing the geek squad uses supposedly and I believe it! It has saved my but many times and is probably the best thirty bucks I've ever spent on a computer product. It can be found at windowsrecoverypro.com

Status
Not open for further replies.