Question Laptop wont charge after running chkdsk /f /r /x C:

Jan 29, 2020
Hello guys,

I really need your help.
this will be a pretty long story, please bear with me .

So few months ago, I went back from a long holiday to find out that my 2nd laptop couldnt be charged.
I sent it to a laptop technician, and he claimed that the motherboard needs to be repaired ( I dont know whether mother board was the case or not). I paid a pretty hefty amount of money for this.

When the laptop came back to me, it could be charged but the laptop somehow became very very laggy.. It was running fine before the holiday.
I asked the technician and he said that it's not due to the motherboard, it can be due to HDD. I just took his word for it. Eventhough I didnt see any specific symptom of a falling HDD.

Oh ya, after receiving the laptop from the technician, because I couldnt use it as it was very laggy , I have used the laptop HDD as an external HDD.
And it was running fine as an external HDD. I can copy paste large files with no problems at all.

Yesterday, I try to upgrade my steam game. But after few gbs (around 60%), it stated "corrupt disk error".
I googled and found out someone suggesting to run chkdsk /f /r /x C:

I ran it, and indeed after running that, I can continue updating the game pass 60%. I left my laptop on and I went to bed.
I woke up to find out a black screen with a message "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media".

I restart my laptop, entered BIOS, and make sure the laptop boot priority is HDD. But the problem still persist. I gave up and turn off the laptop.
Today I found out that the laptop wont turn on at all. Heck, it wont even charge!!

Do you guys may have any idea, even the slightest, on what cause this problem? :(

thank you!!

Mar 13, 2020
greeting from Uganda. First do you see the on the battery icon a symbol power plug in, then it is a driver problem. Right click on my pc icon- manage-devicemanager-uninstall battery drivers restart and then put back the battery.
2. if it is missing the check the power adopter and make sure not only the voltages are right but the current rating as well. To find out try use another adopter from electronic store.
3. if the power icon is missing the it is a battery driver mosfet that is spoilt. trace it from the 11volts output of the battery connectors.

Jan 29, 2020
greeting from Uganda. First do you see the on the battery icon a symbol power plug in, then it is a driver problem. Right click on my pc icon- manage-devicemanager-uninstall battery drivers restart and then put back the battery.
2. if it is missing the check the power adopter and make sure not only the voltages are right but the current rating as well. To find out try use another adopter from electronic store.
3. if the power icon is missing the it is a battery driver mosfet that is spoilt. trace it from the 11volts output of the battery connectors.

hey mate, thanks for the reply.

it couldnt even turn on as it couldnt be charged