Laptop won't charge when I'm using it

QWERTYLIN

Commendable
Jul 6, 2017
This is a really great HP pavilion laptop with Intel Core i7 and NVIDIA Geforce graphics inside it, but the downside about it is that when I'm using it, IT WONT CHARGE?!?!? There is the charge sign next to the battery icon when I plug the charger in the laptop, but it disappears after a few seconds. What really confuses me is that the light next to the charger that indicates if it is charging or not by showing a white or orange light is white when it isn't even at full battery and it isn't even charging.

?????????????????? what?????????????

Solution
Depending on the power supply and the graphics card some gaming laptops will actually run the battery down while plugged in and gaming. I had a ASUS laptop that ran great for about an hour and then went into a low power mode once the battery died. I would have to turn it off to recharge the battery to even use it at full potential with it plugged in. Regardless I returned that laptop as without it plugged in the battery lasted about 20 minutes.

Alphasa

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Depending on the power supply and the graphics card some gaming laptops will actually run the battery down while plugged in and gaming. I had a ASUS laptop that ran great for about an hour and then went into a low power mode once the battery died. I would have to turn it off to recharge the battery to even use it at full potential with it plugged in. Regardless I returned that laptop as without it plugged in the battery lasted about 20 minutes.

Solution

QWERTYLIN

Commendable
Jul 6, 2017

I actually use it for office work. I'm just trying to solve a problem my dad has on his laptop. :p