Laptop wont charge

rpradhan

Estimable
Apr 9, 2015
Hi,

My laptop suddenly stopped charging after I accidentally dropped it from a coffee table. It worked fine but when I put the power adapter in, the light on the adapter switches off. My friend has a similar model laptop and when I used her battery it worked fine. Again when I connect the power lead, the light on the adapter switches off and once the battery is drained it won't turn on. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and how much it would cost to fix.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

firo40

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Sounds like your battery died from impact, your only solution is to replace it which roughly costs about 80-120$ depending on the battery. Look up your model of laptop with the keywords replacement battery and buy what's cheapest

rpradhan

Estimable
Apr 9, 2015

I don't think it is the battery as when I swapped it with my friends laptop it worked fine. I even got her to charge my battery and then swapped back. It worked fine until my battery went to 0% but every time I tried to charge the light would switch off on the adapter. I thought it may have been the laptop connection where the power connector goes into??

It sounds like the place where the connection with the adapter is dead. Have you tried using a different charger?