Laptop won't connect to TV by HDMI

G

I've been using a Samsung UN22F5000 TV as an external monitor for my Asus Vivobook by using a simple HDMI cable to hook my laptop up to the TV. Today I tried to swap out my HDMI cable for a shorter one that wouldn't drape over my desk, but when it didn't work I figured the new HDMI cable was just a dud. But now when I try to switch back to the old HDMI cable it still doesn't work. I tried connecting a different laptop to the TV and that worked fine, but when I tried hooking my laptop up to a different TV that was fine too. For both of these scenarios I used my old HDMI cable. For whatever reason the combination of my laptop and my TV just doesn't work. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I tried turning my TV off, unplugging the HDMI cable, turning it back on and then plugging it into the laptop. My laptop will make the chime that it detects a device but then will immediately make the chime for a disconnected device.

EDIT 2/18: I had to send my laptop off to Asus (twice, ugh) to get hardware replaced. It was covered by my warranty but I had to pay for shipping the first time around.

G

I tried that too, and unfortunately it didn't work.

G

There's another HDMI (which also doesn't work) and component inputs.