Solved! Laptop wont power, neither with or without battery

alen_ronaldiniho

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Im not sure what the problem is with my laptop system. There's no power going to the computer with the cable connected in normal position. However, sometimes I turn it in angles so it gets power. So im not sure what to make of it, is it the cable or battery?

If the computer only gets power when the cable is turnt/bent in slight angles, what does this usually mean? I'd assume its not the cable since its not broke, might be bent (see pics) but still gives power. Its not the battery since it still has decent charging time. Im left with it being the jack but I cant see any faults when inspecting it.

what to do? Do you see anything?

https://imgur.com/a/WwvF8

Solution
So if you try to run it off the battery without the power cable being plugged in, the laptop won't start that way either. And you pull the battery and try to start just plugged in, and that doesn't work. Probably a defective power jack. Are you positive that the adapter is providing power? Although it may appear that there is no damage to the power cable, the wires inside the black rubber insulation can break inside without any outward sign, but still sometimes work if the wire is bent a certain way. I'm still thinking either power jack/charging circuit, though. First thing is to test the adapter. Do you own a voltmeter? Or does anyone else you know have a laptop with the same adapter (Lenovo, right?)?
So if you try to run it off the battery without the power cable being plugged in, the laptop won't start that way either. And you pull the battery and try to start just plugged in, and that doesn't work. Probably a defective power jack. Are you positive that the adapter is providing power? Although it may appear that there is no damage to the power cable, the wires inside the black rubber insulation can break inside without any outward sign, but still sometimes work if the wire is bent a certain way. I'm still thinking either power jack/charging circuit, though. First thing is to test the adapter. Do you own a voltmeter? Or does anyone else you know have a laptop with the same adapter (Lenovo, right?)?

Solution