Question Laptop won't see new wifi but all other devices in house do ?

Apr 8, 2023
Hi,
I got a new router yesterday (from my phone, tv and internet provider) and my Toshiba Satellite laptop (running on Windows 7) dosen't even see the new wifi?
All my other equipments in the house see it and connects perfectly to it but not the laptop. My other laptop (for work) has no issues seing it and connecting to the new router.
I know my laptop is maybe a bit old but it still runs great and would realy like to continue using it. Don't think it's the network card since i still can see my neighbors network and still can connect to my cellphone (via shared connection)

Can someone help?
Tks

Last edited:

Rom3o

Great
Apr 9, 2023
Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Ensure the wireless adapter is enabled: Check if the wireless adapter on your laptop has accidentally been disabled. To do this, go to the Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center, and click on Change Adapter Settings. Ensure that the wireless adapter is enabled and without any issues.

Update wireless adapter driver: Outdated or corrupted wireless adapter drivers can also impede connectivity. You can download the latest drivers for your adapter from the manufacturer's website and install them on your laptop.

Change the wireless channel: Interference from other wireless devices can also cause connectivity disruptions. Changing the wireless channel on your router may help you resolve the issue.

Reset your router and laptop: Sometimes, resetting both the router and laptop to their default settings can help rectify connectivity issues. Start by turning off your router and laptop, waiting a few minutes, and then turning them back on again.