Laptop won't turn on after possible liquid damage ( PLEASE PLEASE HELP )

Mohmd_

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
I have a Dell Inspiron and yesterday while using it I accidentally spilled about 1/4 cup of Mirinda ( acidic/sugared ) on the laptop , it was exactly infront of the laptop so when o hit it by mistake it spilled on the touch pad and forward to the keys ( not all the keyboard tho ) . I immediately lifted it so the Mirinda could drain out ( note that it was still on ) so I quickly googled thag and it said i have to power it off so I did . After absorbing the Mirinda with a clos and cleaning the keybaord and touch pad with a wet tissue . I tried to turn it on , it did , but when i came to write the password it like lagged and random keys pressed so then i found out you should keep it off and remove battery and power cord . I did that , then i cleaned in between the keys and then when I came to turn it on it didnt power on . I kept trying. Only light orange would bright up in the wireless and the batteryLED indicators ( first time a bright orange would show , normally its always white for all the indicators except the battery one which sometimes is orange but never bright orange ). So i did all the steps required ( flipped it , removed battery and power then pressed the power button for 45 seconds then tried to turn it on but nothing happened , i left it to dry for about 8 hours ( 4 of them maybe were during the sun ) then I tried to turn it on BUT STILL NOTHING HAPPENED. Sometimes before I left it to dry when I pressed the power button themed indicators would flash for the exact second that I pressed it , but it wont turn on .

GameFreak01048

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello!

Unfortunately if you have let it dry for a long time and it still won't power on, your laptop is practically busted. If I was you i'd wait another 24 hours so that the laptop can possibly dry internally too and if after 24 hours it still does not power on, I would suggest you get a new laptop or claim on the warranty if it is less than a year old.

Mohmd_

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mohmd_ : "Laptop doesn't boot up but lights and indicators are on ( water damage )"

Two days ago I spilled some Mirinda on the keyboard and then I quickly lifted the laptop to drain them out and then I powered it off . After that it wouldn't turn on . I kept it drying for two days ( with tries of powering it that failed every now and then ) till finally today I plugged it and then when I pressed the power button, the light on the power button turned on and the indicators all of them were on except the Hard drive light but the thing is no display no fan working. I tried the one minute pressing power button thing and it didnt work . At first when liquid damage happened it didnt light at all but now it did , will it power and boot up ? Warranty is far over and there isnt much good repair shops around here so please help me .

GameFreak01048

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Sorry but if you press the power button and it doesn't turn on after having liquid spilled over it....it dead

You will have to purchase a new system.