laptop won't turn on

jj432

Estimable
May 27, 2015
my laptop wont turn on. the LED indicators will turn on when the charger is plugged in or if you attempt to turn on the lap top, but the screen will stay black, the internal fan stays off, everything but the LED indicators. Orange light when charger is plugged in and white light when the lap top should be on after pressing the power button. I have a toshiba satellite c85-s5115. What do i do?

Solution
Hello jj432

You can try pulling its battery out, unplugging it from the power supply and then pressing down and holding the power button for as long as 30 seconds. After this, put the battery back into the laptop and try turning it on.

If the issue persists, pull out the battery, plug the laptop to charging, and try powering the laptop on (without battery and with charging on).

If the problem still remains unresolved, you can:

> Turn the laptop off.

> Unplug it from the power supply.

> Pull its battery out.

> Open the back cover of the laptop.

> Take out the CMOS battery. (A CMOS battery looks like the one used in the wrist watches but is bigger in size.)

> Leave the laptop alone for 15-20 minutes (in the powered off state and...
Hello jj432

You can try pulling its battery out, unplugging it from the power supply and then pressing down and holding the power button for as long as 30 seconds. After this, put the battery back into the laptop and try turning it on.

If the issue persists, pull out the battery, plug the laptop to charging, and try powering the laptop on (without battery and with charging on).

If the problem still remains unresolved, you can:

> Turn the laptop off.

> Unplug it from the power supply.

> Pull its battery out.

> Open the back cover of the laptop.

> Take out the CMOS battery. (A CMOS battery looks like the one used in the wrist watches but is bigger in size.)

> Leave the laptop alone for 15-20 minutes (in the powered off state and without the CMOS battery).

> Put the CMOS battery back.

> Place the laptop battery back in its place.

> Try powering on the laptop.

If you are still unable to start the laptop, try replacing the CMOS battery.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution