laptops for computer science/programming

SMagana

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
Im going to school for computer science and need a laptop. My budget is $1000 or $1500 tops if it is well worth it. Going to be gaming a little bit as well, games such as cs go and dayz, but if the laptop cant run games thats fine. Just looking for the best bang for my buck laptop for computer science/programming under $1000. Thx for replies in advance

Solution
I went though a CS degree on a $200 9" netbook, programing doesn't require any power (least not at Uni/College), yes it's nice to have screen size but not necessary by any stretch of the imagination, I also found i could just take a VGA cable with me and Hijack screens around campus. You can then spend $1300 on a nice desktop that you can play games on, SSH into if you find you do need some grunt, and keeps your mind off games while on campus when your meant to be studying. That's my two cents, hope it gives you some ideas/in site.

Vosgy

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
I went though a CS degree on a $200 9" netbook, programing doesn't require any power (least not at Uni/College), yes it's nice to have screen size but not necessary by any stretch of the imagination, I also found i could just take a VGA cable with me and Hijack screens around campus. You can then spend $1300 on a nice desktop that you can play games on, SSH into if you find you do need some grunt, and keeps your mind off games while on campus when your meant to be studying. That's my two cents, hope it gives you some ideas/in site.

Solution