Laptops for school

boniyin

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Thanks for the response. I need it primarily for productivity and work, but also for web surfing. A Pentium or higher processor would be ideal. Thanks!

Asus or Lenovo are good, you are not in the US so tough to pick something for me, but in that price there is not much variance in systems or quality or parts. Whatever has the best CPU and RAM amount for the price, stick with the top few brands and you are fine. I doubt you can find something with a solid state drive and Windows in your price but even a 64 gb SSD is good to have if you are not saving large files or installing many programs.

boniyin

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Would an intel atom processor be good for word processing? it wouldn't be like hard-core, but light work

It's a slow CPU but OK for basic work.

boniyin

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

What about an AMD A6 processor?

boniyin

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Funnily enough, I have that exact one (that's why I asked about the A6 processor). However, its getting a bit old now and doesn't have enough battery life for out of school usage. What if I used that one for only schoolwork, and buy another for entertainment/travel (and maybe one or two documents if the Lenovo fails). Any options?

boniyin

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

£200 (~$250)

boniyin

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

how old? I have looked into the HP 14". That could be a good choice. Pentium processor, 8gb ram and 2tb hard drive. It is slightly over the budget though.

TRENDING THREADS