Large Hadron Collider Starts Circulating Beams

Status
Not open for further replies.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
It's about time we got rid of ourselves. Its the only logical conclusion to human existence. FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!

marcus_br

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I used to be scared by the LHC.....and still am.

I wonder if will they ever stop or will they continue pushing forever...?
Eventually someone, experimenting something...will turn us into something else (e.g. spacial crap).

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Naw... if many worlds interpretation of quantum physics is correct, indeed some quantum realities were annihilated... but you don't know about those ones because you were annihilated with them.... so you are only left experiencing the quantum realities that did not get annihilated.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
Please. People who still believe that the LHC will "destroy the earth" really need to study the science behine it.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
About time they fired up the big boy. I wonder what kind of data we'll get from a faster collision.
I dont know what there is to be scared of if you read up some of particle collision you'd probably ease your mind a little.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
now all we gotta worry about is 2012 which is a good thing cause all the f**ken nut jobs will kill themselves, in 2036 though a comet may strike the earth off the west coast of Los anageles in the pacific ocean, at earths impact it will the 750 feet wide

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Nop, I remember the original Half-Life quite well and there was no LHC, or no hadron collider at all for that matter.[/citation]

First you start with Hadron Coliders then comes with the theoretical physics then comes the Vortigon.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Personally I think I would prefer they not have these little "surprises" but know exactly when stuff is going to happen when it is on this scale.....

mojo_rex

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]First you start with Hadron Coliders then comes with the theoretical physics then comes the Vortigon.[/citation]

Then we get gravity guns and a new frontier in human laziness :D

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]WTF? Is it just me or is the world full of people who just down-right bastardise the English language? Oh, sorry, just the Americans then...DUDE!!! Wake up!!! It's the English language, not the American language. If you want to spell words your own "special way" then stop calling it English./rantI personally hope this LHC program leads the way to huge particle cannons on battleships or attack planes, I heard the beams hit with the force of an aircraft carrier at 100mph. That's what I call a BFG!!![/citation]
wow back by demand the quote and your rant seems rather uncalled for... your response is if he was preaching to speak with an American accent is the only English...

partical is just a misspelled particle you dumb ass you know that crap that happens in on-line posting all the time.

hell if anything his misspelling is probably closer to practical then particle

give us a break T_T your "outrage" is nothing but misplaced anger

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
The collisions thus far have been below 1 TeV, while FermiLab has spend the past 5+ years doing 2TeV collisions... The effects of the LHC are yet to be seen, it won't be used at full power for at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.