Solved! Large phone for navigation and netflix

May 10, 2019
I'm looking to replace my phone and the ipad my baby daughter recently destroyed with one device. I primarily use it for watching Netflix and using Google maps while riding a motorbike, so a bright screen, good battery, good GPS and compass are key (I use a large camera for photography so camera is not important)

I've read many reviews but they rarely mention the GPS and compass, yet my last 2 or 3 phones have really struggled, pointing the compass in a completely random direction even after calibration and not being able to tell which road I'm on much of the time.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for a large (phablet) phone with bright screen, good battery and good navigation hardware?

I've never had issues with any Android navigation, unless there were several roads crossing overhead (say that crazy Chicago underground road where they filmed Batman).
For the best screens, really the flagship models are best for brightness https://www.androidauthority.com/best-of-android-2018-the-best-displays-924708/

You may also maybe try to look into some sort of light shroud to go around the phone to block sunlight.

Solution