Latest mac apple operating systems vs Latest windows systems

Sexy Toliet

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
ok so im about to go to work at a new job
boss wanted me to be knowledgeable at both windows/mac systems
i told him that ive never used any mac computers really ever and that
id started studying some of the lastest mac operating systems
now i can uninstall/install all windows systems with my eyes closed going back to windows 95
and rebuild/take apart fix etc..
so ive been watching some youtube videos on mac operating systems and it seems pretty simple just alot of the stuff you do on windows has just been renamed differently
i was just wondering if there is any major things about mac operating systems that differs from windows that i should know about

Solution
A few big ones that come to mind:

--Different command line would probably be one of the biggest differences. Going to have to just go through and memorize a few new commands, no shortcut there.

--The 'Force Quit' is a big help for closing a hanging application. Just hold down the 'apple' cmd key and right click the app on the taskbar to pull up the 'Force Quit' option.

--Hold down the 'option' key on bootup to change which drive you boot to or access the recovery partition.

--The 'Utilities' folder inside the main Applications folder is where you'll find just about everything you need to manage a mac on a day-to-day basis.

Here are a couple of really handy Apple guides to integration and management of any Yosemite machine on your...

glamdringfh

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
A few big ones that come to mind:

--Different command line would probably be one of the biggest differences. Going to have to just go through and memorize a few new commands, no shortcut there.

--The 'Force Quit' is a big help for closing a hanging application. Just hold down the 'apple' cmd key and right click the app on the taskbar to pull up the 'Force Quit' option.

--Hold down the 'option' key on bootup to change which drive you boot to or access the recovery partition.

--The 'Utilities' folder inside the main Applications folder is where you'll find just about everything you need to manage a mac on a day-to-day basis.

Here are a couple of really handy Apple guides to integration and management of any Yosemite machine on your system:

Mac Integration Basics 10.11: http://training.apple.com/pdf/mac_integration_basics_1011.pdf

Mac Management Basics 10.10: http://training.apple.com/pdf/mac_management_basics_10.10.pdf

Solution

Sexy Toliet

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
thankyou so much for the info and the job pretty much revolves around maintaning all the systems its not like a computer repair business pretty much just making sure all systems are go and minimal internal repairs here and their
and i will be sure to look at those

glamdringfh

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

You're most welcome! :)