latop needed for an engineering student, so more like a cheap gaming laptop

samveg

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I have decided upon two laptops(since my restriction is i5 processor only)

Lenovo z50 59=429607
processor: i5 4th gen
ram: 8gb
graphic card: NVidia GeForce 840M 4gb
screen reso: FHD

and HP 15-p210tx

processor: i5 5th gen
ram: 8gb
graphic card: NVidia GeForce 830M 2gb
screen reso: FHD

my purpose would be to use softwares like solidworks autocad etc
main use of laptop: gaming, watching movies

I've heard that lenovo has very shitty viewing angles, would it cause a great deal of trouble?

Solution
That 830m ranks about 20% less strong than the 840m (http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-830M.107796.0.html) so I'd advice that one for gaming.
The engineering software depends . . . the rendering is GPU related, but the calculations are often CPU dependant. So that is hard to say whether you should go for the lenovo/HP.
I'm out of the loop for that, I'm afraid. I can tell you to go for CPU with NASTRAN though.

The viewing angle . . . .
For home gaming you will want a screen to plug it in (for ergonomic reasons if no other, get a keyboard too) so that's not a problem. If you want to watch a movie you can just aim the thing.
Will you be collaborating a lot? Squeezing 2 people in front of a screen can be a bit of a pain. But...

Maarsch

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
That 830m ranks about 20% less strong than the 840m (http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-830M.107796.0.html) so I'd advice that one for gaming.
The engineering software depends . . . the rendering is GPU related, but the calculations are often CPU dependant. So that is hard to say whether you should go for the lenovo/HP.
I'm out of the loop for that, I'm afraid. I can tell you to go for CPU with NASTRAN though.

The viewing angle . . . .
For home gaming you will want a screen to plug it in (for ergonomic reasons if no other, get a keyboard too) so that's not a problem. If you want to watch a movie you can just aim the thing.
Will you be collaborating a lot? Squeezing 2 people in front of a screen can be a bit of a pain. But not something I'd end up choosing a laptop over (subjective opinion of course).
Also, if you do end up squeezing in front of the screen a lot, pick cute parners to work with. Lemons and all that.

Solution

samveg

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
hahahaha, the lemons one was a nice reply
but, dear sir, I am an engineering student in one of the most orthodox countries, india
so girls and boys hostel are kept apart as though matter and anti matter
as for the viewing angle debate, there's not a single downside to the Lenovo in my price range.....so it feels like too good to be true. I DONT LIKE THAT FEELING